01 November 2010

Halloween Dawn

Dawn, Halloween morning
Too early to meet one of my sons for breakfast on campus
What to do?
Take a walk through the cemetery adjacent to campus

Mt. Hope Cemetery in western New York is 196 acres with 14 miles of
winding roads and over 375,000 marked, and unmarked graves.
I found two of the famous figures buried there,
Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglas.
But after reading one description from an 1800’s mayor of the land itself;
Many a citizen felt the area was “howling with wild beasts, frogs and
simply too spooky.”
I headed for the exit gates.
But...I will return one day for the group tour.

And the winner of the give-away from Hope Studios ...
 
By random drawing, the winner of a custom monogrammed tote bag is:
Claire from Bless My Nest
Congrats Claire!  contact me with your info please!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that....is spooky!

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy- I'm thrilled about winning but tried to contact you through email and couldn't. My email is crose0@snet.net if you want to send me the info you need to get started-YEA!!